Re: NTLK Outlook Synchronizing (again!)

From: charlie allom (charlie@rubberduck.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 03:46:07 EST

on 17/3/00 09:18, Robert Benschop at robertbenschop@bigfoot.com wrote:

> on 16-03-2000 3:30, charlie allom at charlie@rubberduck.com wrote:
>
>> my first attempt at synching for something useful (as opposed for just
>> trying out more software), was tonight, and i simpy exported all my Names
>> into OE5 on my mac. about 4 steps involved.
>
> Charlie, could you enlighten us with what 4 steps it were that were
> involved ?

ok.

from NCU i exported my Names as text. i didn't need any more information
than, first name, last name and 2 email address', so in the advanced
settings of NCU export i just deselected every other field.

NCU adds all these annoying inverted comma's, so i took the text file into
BBEdit, and did a search an replace on every inverted comma ("). i replaced
it with nothing, so really it's a search and strip.

after that you just go to OE5 for the mac, select from File -> Import ->
Import Contacts From Text File

OE5 pretty much does the rest.

so its either 3 steps (programs) or quite a few button clicks. still nothing
is simpler than that. if you want all your Names information exported,
including the Notes on the contact and all that stuff, OE5 has a lot of
fields to fill.

=)

--
charlie@rubberduck.com
Melbourne, Australia

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!