SV: SV: NTLK NEWTON/MESSAGEPAD Future Platform

From: Kasper Jeppesen (kapper@cs.auc.dk)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 04:01:38 EST

> [David wrote a lot of stuff, which i snipped away]...
> porting the code generator is less of an issue than porting the
> runtime system, IMO. ie. threads, garbage collection, networking,
> etc.

and by magic.. these are given for free in Java... sure the specs only call
for green threads, but i have previously implemented my own scheduler...
not a problem...

> we are approaching a critical time when the current newtons begin to
> break and people look for replacements. it would be nice to have
> either a newton-compatible or at least newton-influenced system to
> move to.

Very good point!!!

> so it's good to see Kasper's efforts -- i hope they are successful!

thanks.,..

> as always, help with Gnuton would be very welcome ;-)

kewl... I hope the hardware my company is planning on producing, will be
able to run gnuton, will contact you on that when the time is right =)

  regards

   Kasper

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!