Re: NTLK SarTac with a Newton?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 21:26:08 EST

Hmmm, I just read that article and while I have
written for Wireless Week, Mobile Computing and Pen
Computing, I'm sad to say that I am not the author of
this piece (although, I would've like to have, it is
well written, but it does leave out some things and it
does make certain assumptions)
First off it mentions the Buy ANY Startac that works
with their data cable...Well, hate to tell you this,
but there are very few of these and in the United
States, Sprint currently has a lock on them (they're
in contract with Motorola for an undisclosed length of
time) I don't know how it works in Singapore, but I
doubt that any of the Motorola phones mentioned in
this article will work...These Motorola phones don't
do GSM. They are all PCS.
So, unless your StarTAC specifically says "requires
the purchase of a Sprint PCS Wireless Web Connection
Kit" then yes, it will work..But notice the operative
phrase here? Sprint PCS Wireless Web Conneciton Kit! I
doubt you have sprint in Singapore on the PCS
network...but then again, I can be wrong!
Ed (not that one)
web/cellphone guru

http://www.go2mac.com/displaynews.cfm?newsid=5493%20%20

http://im.yahoo.com