Was NTLK Newbie ?s / Visor Newton & misc ramblings

From: ThisOlNewt@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 20:05:14 EST

Dear Jim OTDS (of the dark side)
Thats my new name for you ;)

Seriously. Welcome to Newton.
This is a multi-platformed bunch. I think members here are Wintell, Mac,
Atari, Next,BeOs, Linux, Unix and others ( I should post the traffic reports
from TON some time) from all around the Globe. With one common love or
interest. Newton. It is amazing but it is the first appliance I have ever
owned that seems to have a personality. ( I dont think I am crazy) The two
Newton I have purchased were used. The 120's owner spent an hour on the phone
telling me how to take care of "her"
When I was arranging the purchase of my 2100 the seller interviewed me like
it was an adoption. We chatted about Newton for over an hour again. when I
sold my 120 it was hard to close the box and drop it in the mail. I still
remember the first time I turned it on one morning and there was an
eclipse....I thought it was wonderful. Way cool.
Thats the problem with some of the current devices. They are just that,
devices. You dont care about them because there is nothing special about them
. The designers dont take the time to make them feel personal and friendly.

OK I sound like I am crazy...Ok I am crazy but I think there would be a few
that agree with me on this.

If you like the 100 you should try and get ahold of the 2100 ! It is a super
machine.
The HWR actually is very good. I also like the larger screen real estate than
the other PDAs.

I met a fellow with a Visor the other day at lunch. We both tested and
enjoyed each others machine. If I didnt really need the spreadsheets ( which
would be a pain on a Palm) I might like the Visor/Palm. The conversation did
end with him saying " wow thats a great machine, I could use that everyday.
Where can you get one?" I did the old song and dance...no longer produced
blah blah blah.
He was dumbfounded that this was not the "New super Apple PDA".

I have tried a friends WinCe Machine. I thought it was a bit to crammed and
not very user friendly. (he doesnt carry it anymore)

Two years orphaned and still a powerhouse. Thats amazing in this day of age
where computer is "old" after a year.

Keep the Green™
Rich
This Old Newt
http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html
The Online Newton Monthly,
Home of the NewtonWebRing, Interviews, Used Price Guide, FAQ, and the Largest
set of active Newton links!

Sent from a iMac ;)

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!