Re: NTLK Wireless Connection

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 20:33:32 EST

Yes! (oh no, not another <short answer/long answer>
quesiton)

On the Marco, you can get service through American
Mobile Satellite. They have purchased the Ardis
network from Motorola (who in turn purchased the half
they didn't already own from IBM)
On the AllPoints card, you can go to either Wynd or Go
America for service. If you need the email software
for these two services, contact me off-list and I'll
tell you where to get the software and how to
configure it! The email reader kinda works like Hardy
Macia's Aloha. And it needs quite a bit of Heap...I
wouldn't recommend it with a 120 unless you got
nothing else installed on it...it's even questionable
on a 2000! (I have most of my packages on a ram card,
so in order to run it I pop out my card thereby
releasing Heap...But I do have to reset the Newt after
using the software after reading a lot of mail...)

Ed
web/gadget guru

http://im.yahoo.com