Re: NTLK Samsung Linux PDA, Yopy

From: David Arnold (arnold@dstc.edu.au)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 00:43:47 EST

-->"Robert" == Robert Benschop <robertbenschop@bigfoot.com> writes:

  Robert> misaka@deepsky.com wrote:
>> What are people's thoughts Samsung's new Linux-based PDA, YOPY?

  Robert> I still wonder if a PDA can ever be any god if it doesn't
  Robert> have a specifically designed OS, for me the lite versions
  Robert> just don't work, be it Linux lite, Windows lite or MacOS
  Robert> lite.

that's the good thing about having an OS which is separate from the
GUI. a linux PDA need not run the X Window system. in fact, it would
be unlikely to do so.

there are several alternatives for Linux which are IMHO more suitable
for a PDA: GGI, nano-X, raw framebuffer access, or even SVGAlib (if
you have a standard controller).

GGI is probably the most promising ...

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!