Re: NTLK PowerWord

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 17:35:18 EST

"Harbottle, Richard P" wrote:

> Hi I just found the pile of manuals and documents which came with my newton.
> One of the documents was a "Newton Solutions Guide".
> One of the featured products was PowerWord - "A fully featured Word
> Processing package with Remote Access to your Desktop". That sounds great.
> Apparently it offered remote access to Word and WordPerect and "seamless"
> file swapping.
> It required an OS 2.0 device. Still sounds good.
> I have been chising it up - originally developed by PowerWare and
> subsequently by Walletware.
> A search yields this snippet "PowerWord was a word processor that was being
> developed for Newton 2.0 and 2.1 operating systems. Due to the demise of the
> Newton OS (and partially...
> Sadly as you've probably guessed this link is dead.
> So, does any one know about this package? Did it do what they said it did?
> Was it any good? Does anyone know where to get hold of it?
> Any news would be appreciated,

This never materialized. They stopped the development before it was ready for
prime time. The only other solution is AvailWorks from PelicanWare, besides
NewtWorks that run only on 2.1 devices.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!