Re: NTLK ADVICE : MessagePad Touchscreen and Case Cleaning

From: jon glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 02:23:39 EST

On Tue, Mar 7, 2000 9:11 PM, NewtonOz <mailto:ozs@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> There are several causes for this, but the most likely is that the Liquid

> in the LCD is leaking between the backlight reflector foil and the glass
> of the LCD. The only way to fix it is to replace the whole screen. I've
> seen this kind of thing before... no fun.

My newton has had this problem for several months. I first thought it was
an LCD leak, but the screen has shown no degradation. There is no area on
the screen that doesn't work, or no gaps in the display. Why would that be
if it were the liquid from inside? Is this something that gets worse? How
long can a Newton last with this problem, assuming it is leaking LCD. I
would assume that the nature of the beast would mean that the leak will be
contained. Is this true? (Sorry for the questions, but you've got me
worried now.)

-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass@usa.net>