Re: NTLK Advice: Letters "M" & "N" & "W"

From: gooddog@northshore.net
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 22:49:25 EST

The magic marker worked great. I had to go to the art supply store where I
was told that Sharpies are the best permanent markers. If I followed your
instructions correctly, do I now wait a few days before I peel the layer of
marker off to have a screen that responds better to my touch, thereby
eliminating the confusion with deletion?

I'll have to wait until I get the marker off the screen before I try the
letter shapes. Guess I shoulda done that first. Funny, though, the
back-light still shows through around the edges.

Mark...

> Re the above: 2 good suggestions have been made:
> -go thru the 'letter shapes' dialogue, and
> -use magic marker :-)
>

> Like to add another few things I do:
>
> - round your letters - eg 'w' as 'uu' not 'vv' and
> - when deleteling, do it from right to left, not left to right (Newt
> 'learns' this is the way u do it, looks for alternatives before deleting
> when writing letters - at least, I think it does...)
> - slow down the rate at which you write 'tricky' letters: writing 'w' fast
> may result in a deletion - doing it slowly should insert a character (used
> to have the reverse problem - inserting a char when wanting to delete until
> I picked up on the 'reverse' scrub above)
>
> HTH!
>
> -D

:)

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the