NTLK Advice: Letters "M" & "N" & "W"

From: gooddog@northshore.net
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 13:59:04 EST

Folks;

Excuse my lack of technical wording if the following sounds like mush:

Does anyone have trouble with using the letter M or N or W with the MP2k in
the cursive mode when you are in the little box that corrects the spelling
of an individual word? This happens after highlighting and double-tapping
the word and you get the box with the segmented line where you can change
each letter.

Am I making any sense? The newton thinks I am erasing the letter whenever I
want to insert an "m" or "n" or "w" in place of something that should thave
been one of these letters. Instead, it Poofs and is gone. I have tried
printed letters, cursive letters and various combinations, but they usually
end up as "poofs". It obviously thinks I am erasing because of the zig-zag
nature of the letters themselves.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

Mark