Re: FW: NTLK Advice: mp120

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 12:38:26 EST

gooddog@northshore.net wrote:

> Laurent;
>
> Thanks for your reply. I'm sending my friend my old powerbook 1400, soon to
> be souped up with a g3 upgrade. She'll use that for her email. Maybe my
> post was unclear on that account. As far as the notepad, dates, addresses
> and other functions, aside from the back-lighting and memory, are the 130
> and 120 fairly comparable?
>
> I ask because I'm looking around and the 120's seem to run about 65-80
> dollars, which is a great deal. The 130's seem to go for 100 or more. I'm
> wondering if it's worth the extra dollars for the back-lighting and memory
> for the above listed functions. Is there any physical size difference?
>
> Thanks, again, for your help.
>
> Mark Winter
>
> The main differences between a 120 and a 130 are:
>
> 1. The 130 has almost 3 times the usable memory than a 120 has;
> 2. The 130 has a backlight screen, very handy in the dark.
>
> Because of #1, the 130 seems to be a bit faster since more things can
> resides
> in memory and are available when needed, as opposed to the 120 that needs to
> swap bits of info in and out the heap.
> Also because of #1, you'll be able to retrieve email from the Internet on a
> 130
> much more quickly and reliably than on a 120, which can barely do it.

No, beside memory and backlight, a OS 2.0 120 (beware because there are also OS
1.3 120) and a MP130 are exactly the same. They run the same version of the OS,
and are physically identicals.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!