NTLK Power adapters

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-WT (Frank.Gruendel@de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 09:15:23 EST

>The power adapters of the 120/130 were 7,5 volts, 7 watts adapters. This
>means you get 7 watts / 7,5 volts current out of them, i. e. 0.93 amperes.

As Dr. Newton kindly pointed out one digest later, I was mistaken when I
wrote this. The adapter for the 120 / 130 isn't 7 watts, but 3.5 watts.
Thus the current you can expect is about 0.47 amperes.
The rest of this message, however, is and remains true. Don't introduce
your Newton to a power supply unless you are sure the voltage will, under
no condition, exceed 7.5 volts. Unless you have a cupboard full of
replacement units, that is.
If the latter is the case, drop me a line...

Frank

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!