Re: NTLK RE: NewtonTalk: Down or just no activity?

From: Chris Browne (irie@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 22:45:10 EST

on 5/3/2000 4:16 PM, Phil B Rubino at pbry@juno.com wrote:

> Chris:
> Take a look at this message...it is coming to me via my email
> provider, JUNO. I am getting individual messages from Newton Talk users
> via newtontalk@planetnewton.com. As I am just a subscriber to Newton
> Talk, I don't participate in the posted messages, typically...each night,
> about midnight or later, here Eastern Standard 'Time in the United
> States, I get a complete summary of Newton Talk activity....I never get
> individual messages like this...
>
> ...any idea of what to do? Unsubscribe? Resubscribe? I am wondering
> if some of the Newton Talk users are not getting their messages returned?
>
> ..unsubscribe seems about the only thing to try....and then
> subscribe again.....anyone having success with that?
>
> Phil
>
> On Mon, 06 Mar 2000 15:24:50 +1300 Chris Browne <irie@attglobal.net>
> writes:
>> on 5/3/2000 3:00 PM, Victor Rehorst at victor@gear.torque.net wrote:

>> arrive

>>> Now, did everyone have to re-subscribe?
>>
>> Looks like I am going to have to unsubscribe and resubscribe to get
>> the
>> digest back. I am now receiving individual messages.
>> --

My message was sent to the NewtonTalk list just before I unsubcscribed and
then resubscribed in digest mode. Its seems to have worked as I have not
received any more individual messages from the list (your message sent
directly to me confused me for a moment).

Anyone know what happened to yesterday's digest? I would like a copy if
anyone has it.

--
Chris Browne
Auckland, New Zealand

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!