Re: NTLK RE: Ntlk Question

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 20:13:22 EST

Jaggies? By this, I suppose you are talking about
where you place your pen down on one point on the
screen and it immediatley zooms to another point on
the screen creating a line between the two points?
I have found that when my newton (both my 120 and 2000
did this) I would grab the newton at each end and
kinda flex it in a gentle twisting kinda way. (bear in
mind, you do this on your own volition and I am in no
way coercing you or guaranteeing that this won't do
anything even worse to your machine.
My theory is that there is a connection problem that
is causing the screen to have glitches in the touch
sensitivity. By flexing the machine, this "cleans" the
contacts somewhat and reinforces an existing
electrical connection. (btw, I do this with my cell
phone and anything else that is giving me
problems...seems to work every time!)
Ed
web/cellphone guru

=====