Re: NTLK Jot v Calligrapher v Newton

From: Philip Bennett (pbnt@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 08:10:11 CDT

on 6/22/00 10:52 PM, PaulMmn at PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com wrote:

>>> And let
>>> me just ask one blasphemous question: anyone here on the list, who didn't
>>> in some way adapt his or her handwriting to the Newton?
>>

> I modified my printing for the Newton: I had to make it legible.
> I'm scared to try my cursive writing on the poor thing-- it'll
> probably go into a tailspin.

I wouldn't worry about it. I write left-handed, so you can imagine how great
my writing is and my 2100 recognizes everything very well. You'll always
have a few letters (mostly capitals, in my case) that won't recognize well
but you can train the recognizer to recognize your way of writing. Now,
obviously, your letters must be completely formed...close your loops, cross
your T's, etc. I haven't found anything to compare in speed or accuracy with
the Newton.

Phil