re: NTLK NewtsCape cache cleanup?

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 07:26:31 CDT

briefly, Newt's Cape enforces the cache limits only when it quits (in other
words, it lets you exceed the limits while you're connected while app is
open).

btw, the "trust" setting just allows easier access to or forced updating of
offline pages
and doesn't really have to do with cache size.

Steve

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 18:46:22 -0500
From: dwight@net-kitchen.com (Dwight D. McKay)

I've recently switched to NewtsCape and I can't figure out how the item
limits
on the image and HTML caches work. I set them, but it seems NewtsCape
ignores
them and loads still more items into each cache. Is there some other
preference I need to set to enable cache cleanup to stay below the limits I
set? Does it matter that I primarily use the "schedule" option in
"immediate"
mode to grab a few web pages?