Re: NTLK Getting big packages out of the Newt

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren@Finkelstein.net)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 13:11:14 CDT

> From: Jim Anderson <jiman@microsoft.com>
> Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:21:41 -0700
> To: "Newton Talk (E-mail)" <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
> Subject: NTLK Getting big packages out of the Newt
>
> Hi, All,
>
> I'm just wrapping up a newtonbook version of the Jargon File
> (*large* packages), which I've done with NewtsCape. I've tried a couple of
> different methods of getting the packages off, with no success. PackageBuddy
> pukes (on the windows client side), as does NewtFTP. Anyone have success
> getting big packages (> 500MB) off a Newton?

There's your problem. Not enough heap space. You need to wire in about 492
more Megs to increase your heap to handle a 500MB file. :-)

Seriously, assuming you meant 500k, I have never had a problem with Package
Buddy for Macintosh, and an Ethernet connection. If you want to send the
html source to me, I'll make it for you and send you the package.

Loren