RE: NTLK Jot v Calligrapher v Newton

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 10:00:03 CDT

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 P&M Consulting wrote:

-----------
>alt.rec does its best to improve post-process & integration (well,
>Newton OS integration is already nice). Now, I think there is a way
>to register another recognizer, hence there may be as promised a
>complete alternative to paragraph & rosetta (& graffiti, free-style)
>in several months. (first priority of the bowels project: the ATA
>driver. Development will start within a month).
Paul,
I am already enjoying alt.rec and its benefit even though it's still in beta. I'm all excited about the possibility of a further improved HWR recognizer.

As for the ATA driver, it will definitely make expanding storage so much more affordable and available. I thought an ATA driver was near impossible? But then, so was a System Update. ;-P Thanks Paul for your efforts.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0