Re: NTLK MOD Player Help

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 04:38:44 CDT

>Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 22:48:19 -0600
>From: Bill Davis <newton@ecity.net>
>
>On 6/5/00 9:12 PM, Peter Curtis [mailto:lemur@mac.com] wrote:
>
>>So I ask, if it does not exist already, would any developers out there be
>>willing to write an application for (preferably) the Mac that would turn a
>>MOD directly into a PKG, without all of the esoteric steps in between?
>>
>>If a way to do this exists already, please do tell me about it.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Pete Curtis
>

>As I recall, Steve Weyer has made a plug-in for Newt's Cape that can take
>MOD files off the Web and save 'em on your Newton in the necessary form
>for MOD Player to use. I think I wrote about it on www.info-newt.com

(of course if someone wants to write a desktop app for Mac or Win, go for it)

ModSaver is a Newt's Cape 2.x-only plugin
for transferring a (short) MOD format sound file to play using Roger Milne's
<A HREF="http://roger.trideja.com/newton/modplayer.html">ModPlayer</A>.
If the NewtPack plugin is installed,
ModSaver saves the sound as a Newton song package that can be played later
from Extras;
otherwise, it passes the temporary sound immediately to ModPlayer.

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/newtscape/modsaver.htm

>(if all else fails, you can find Steve's web site address there since I
>can never remember it. (Note to Steve: get your own doman name, dude! ;-)
>
> - Bill

(I never got around to registering a domain)

Steve
weyer@kagi.com
NewtDevEnv, Newt's Cape, Sloup, Crypto,...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/index.htm
http://www.kagi.com/weyer