Re: NTLK NewtonMail

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 05:03:38 CDT

>Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 10:48:46 -0400
>From: Steve Dockery <sdockery@gte.net>
>
>Ok, so this is a goofy idea, but I was wondering what a person would have to
>do do set up a dial-up service that can be accessed via the original
>NewtonMail software.

my first guess is that it's pretty similar to an older version of AOL;
though eWorld had a different u.i., its communication protocol was probably
the same as what AOL used. but that protocol has changed over time. if
you were really wanted to pursue this, best bet would be to contact Hardy
Macia who wrote Aloha (www.catamount.com)

Steve