NTLK Ethernet and NIE 1.1

From: Chris Browder (Chris.Browder@Lroom.org)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 06:16:49 CDT

Ok, Ethernet Gurus....

My MP2000 is using NIE 1.1 and I installed the Apple Talk and
LocalTalk/Ethernet modules from NIE 2 and they seem to work (I had 2.0 in
but it complained about something and wouldn't dial for a PPP connection so
I reverted to 1.1).... it seems that someone said this will work ok and
(checking with friend) i temember a friend saying he printed with an
ethernet card on his MP120 to lasers over his company's network at one
time... he now has a 2100 but I bet he will remember how he did it... has
anyone else does this? Also does anyone know what cards work and where one
can attain the drivers (I would like to get one so I can use the school
ethernet internet connection and such - how do you go about setting that
up?)... also how do I get NIE 2 running if I need that for an ethernet
connection to the web?

--
- Chris B.

A supporter of... \\ /, `( Newton Technology \ =

--------> AOL/AIM Name: JB1463 <-------- --------> ICQ#: 50117402 <-------- --------> Web Site: http://home.earthlink.net/~jb1463 <-------- >>>>>>>>>T H I N K D I F F E R E N T <<<<<<<<<