Re: NTLK Potential MP 2100 User

From: Michael J. Hussmann (michael@macmagazin.de)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 04:52:28 CDT

Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com) wrote:

>> Yes, either using a serial connection or via Ethernet. For the former you
>> need a serial/USB adapter, for the latter a Newton-compatible Ethernet
>> card and a small hub
>
>Or, if you only want to connect your Newton to just one computer, a
>crossover cable. (cheaper)

Yes, I had thought about mentioning this myself, but then a normal
crossover cable wouldn't do (you need an aditional adaptor to connect the
plug of the crossover cable to the plug of the cable coming from the
card). Also, a hub is more reliable and versatile.

Michael J. Hussmann

Redaktion macmagazin
MACup Verlag GmbH
Leverkusenstrasse 54 VII