Re: NTLK newton questions

From: ThisOlNewt@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 06:49:42 CDT

In a message dated 7/27/00 12:25:00 AM, dtw@ricochet.net writes:

>Second, when connected to the internet, there are numerous websites that
>
>I cannot access (for example, my company's lotus ccmail system). The
>
>problem appears to be that the Newton can’t handle “cookies,” which I
>
>gather are codes that provide security, among other things. Is there a
>
>way to increase the power or add to the software of NetHopper so that
>
>the Newton can communicate with complicated websites? Does anyone sell
>
>another browser for the Newton or NetHopper upgrades?

Regarding the Browser. Try out Steve Weyers Newtscape. It handles cookies on
some pages. I think secure sites are a problem. But it it the best and still
supported by Steve who contributes to this list from time to time.
As always links are available at This Old Newts Links page!

Keep the Green™
Rich
This Old Newt
http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html
The Online Newton Monthly,
Home of the NewtonWebRing, Interviews, Used Price Guide, FAQ, and the Largest
set of active Newton links!