Re: NTLK Implant a success!!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 17:43:46 CDT

Drew,
As you learn how the Newt works with the new implant,
can you keep a log of minor annoyances? I mean
anything that kinda works funky and not like it used
to. things like network card interoperability, battery
life, quickness of handwriting conversion...things
like that...It would be helpful in that I am also
planning the implant route...(Haven't yet figured out
how to get the money to Germany though) With your
information (your's is more important than some one
who's had their implanr for a while because the
original Newt is still fresh in your mind)
Thanks
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Drew Loker <lokerd@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone. Sorry I have been gone so long. I
> unsubscribed when I headed
> out of town a few weeks back and just haven't been
> able to catch up since it
> seems.
>
> I have had some great news I wanted to share. Many
> of you were very
> instrumental in helping to self install the Implant
> Accel with Solder
> Station recommendation, pictures, advice, etc. Well,
> it was a success.
>
> I was pretty nervous and all, even waited a couple
> of weeks after getting
> the part in, but finally gave it a whirl. I was
> really in shock that it
> worked out. Butr I am even more in shock at how much
> it helps. It really
> make the newton the useful tool it needs to be, in
> terms of speed. I am
> certain that it isn't just that it is a lot faster
> now, it is just that
> before, there was just enough of a delay when I was
> trying to use it in
> everyday application, that it was annoying. Such as
> somebody waiting on me
> to give me info. But now it is so cool, it keeps up
> better with my writing,
> I can look up names as quick as I can think of their
> name. I used to hate
> hainv to loook up names if they were the second part
> of the alphabet. I
> coudl go, but my Newt actually is keeping up with my
> thinking is about the
> best way I can put it!!
>
> If anybody is thinking about getting it done, and
> doesn't mind sinking yet
> another $100+ into a "dying" (for lack of a better
> word...please don't flame
> me) machine (but ever so useful). I am just smiling
> at all those poor folks
> in my office that have gotten a Palm recently. They
> think they are so great
> as they have to hook up to their laptops to do
> anything with them! HA! I
> don't even bother telling them what it is like to
> have a PDA that is a stand
> alone, and large enough to actually use for PDA
> puproses!! :)
>
> Ooopps. [Soapbox off]
>
> Anyway, thanks Newtonians!
> Drew

> Drew Loker
> Personal Financial Analyst
> 4345 Phelan Blvd., Suite 100 · Beaumont, Tx 77707
> Bus. (409) 898-8009 · Res. (409) 860-4565
> Cell (409) 454-4737 · lokerd@hotmail.com
> Voice Mail: (888) 392-4832, Acct #: 409 898 4737
> Web Site: http://primerica.itgo.com/

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://mail.yahoo.com/