NTLK Updating Newton 2100 OS Questions

From: Michael Nerad (neradms@mail.milwaukee.k12.wi.us)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 15:09:47 CDT

Hello,

I am a relatively new Newton 2100 user and I would like to upgrade
the OS to the most current version. I located the file and have
downloaded it to my Mac. Would someone please explain to me either
via Newtontalk, or by private email, how I use to update application
to change my Newton OS? I've tried using NCU, but I am unable to
transfer the file to my 2100 because it is not a Newton package, but
some type of OS patch. If I try to launch the OS patch, I get a
dialogue box searching for the OS to update, but as you know, it
does not show on my Mac desktop, (like a shared folder, or drive
would). Please, any help to walk me through this will be greatly
appreciated!
Thank you very much!

Michael Nerad