Re: Re:NTLK Claris Organizer 2.0

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 00:27:20 CDT

On 7/24/00 3:55 PM, Jerry Tom [mailto:jerrytommygal@hotmail.com] wrote:

>Thanx alot Joost - this is the final nail in the PC coffin - gotta go Mac
>hunting!!! I've resisted for too long - but took one look at Claris
>Organizer and fell in love...

Hah, another convert to the Mac! ;-) Once you go Mac you never go back.

>Is the Mac Palm Desktop exactly like Claris?
>Cheerio, Jerry

Almost. I think functionally they are the same or similar (I don't know
what, if any changes may have been made for Palm support, but I think
they were few or none.)

HOWEVER....make sure to get a PowerPC Mac; Palm Desktop is only for
PowerPC Macs, I'm told. Claris Organizer shipped a version for older
680x0 chip based Macs.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/