NTLK ATA News

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 13:07:34 CDT

Hi fellow Newton Users,

On the contrary to what I hoped, I am not able to release a correct
beta today. (well, I had an urgent project). I'm leaving for two
weeks, but I think I'll find time to resume the development when I'll
be back (on the 5th of August). I believe that the first beta (the
one I wanted to release today, with minimal features, just to be able
to mount Newton stores) may arrive after 5 full days of work. (if you
apply the prevision law for software development, you get 15,708
days).

Here are the latest news:

GUI:
I added two buttons, for mount all & unmount all. I may remove them
and put everything into the action button.

NS Interface:
I implemented the whole interface to partition the drive properly
(i.e. I implemented a WritePartitionMap function which can be
accessed from NewtonScript). I added the support to mount/unmount
stores. The automount flag is handled properly.
The names are now handled at all levels, but I don't read them yet
from the stores.

ATA Store:
Well, that's the part I haven't finished. It compiles properly but
doesn't do anything for the moment. ;-)

I'll leave my Newton as a server at http://newt.dyndns.org:8080 (at
least if the DHCP doesn't change my IP). You can drop me suggestions
or comments about the formats I posted on csnp if you want.

Best regards,

Paul

--
P&M Consulting Newton Program