Re: NTLK HP 870cse NETWORK printing

From: Bill Davis (billdavis@info-newt.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 23:41:09 CDT

On 7/16/00 1:18 AM, John Mark Davis [mailto:backlot@swbell.net] wrote:

>Does anyone know how to hack either the HP DeskJet driver so that it will
>recognize the printer over the network, or hack the 6500 (network) driver so
>that it will recognize its cousin, the DeskJet 870cse, instead of just the
>StyleWriter 6500?

I don't know how exactly, but if I was trying to do it, I'd use some sort
of AppleTalk network monitoring tool to see how the HP printer registers
itself on the network, then see if I could find a similar sort of string
in the 6500 driver and hack the 870's string in in place of it. May not
work even then, but it'd be worth a try.

  - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/