Re: NTLK Motorola PM100C or PM100D wireless

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 01:02:02 CDT

Mark.
I remember talking to the Motorola engineer several
years ago when he wrote the driver software for the
Newton (the Boston bicycle police department used a
CDPD equipped Newton to access the computer at the
dispatch)

I remember sending someone on this list a name and a
number of the engineer to whom I talked to (it was
about 6 months ago) and I think that I no longer have
it available...I will check on my older archived
Newton 120 that I actually ran the driver on.

Not to discourage you though, the driver for the 100c
behaved similarly to the one for the AllPoints Card.
It didn't interface with NIE and it required
activating a seperate program to send and receive
mail. It was not an on-all-the-time kind of thing.

On a seperate note, check into the Sierra Wireless
modem. I know that the engineers were contemplating a
Newton sollution for that...Never heard anything about
it after the Wireless World convention in 98 though.

Ed
web/gadget guru

(http://www.attws.com/business/lcorp/explore/wireless_ip/cust_serv/faqs/csgenfaq.shtml).

> There's also a driver available, but the link to
> Apple is no good. Has
> anyone used either modem with an MP2100? Does anyone
> have the driver?
>
> Mark Rollins
> mail@mrollins.com (preferred)
> www.mrollins.com
> ***************************************
> NewtonTalk brought to you by:
>
> EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet!
> All the players, all the news, and the hottest
> analysis and features (plus 'toons!) anywhere....
> visit http://www.evote.com today!

> Visit the NewtonTalk section at
http://www.planetnewton.com

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://mail.yahoo.com/