RE: NTLK Problem roaming with Freewwweb

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 16:02:44 CDT

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Tobin, John wrote:

> I've had the exact same problem, I can connect via freewwweb fine on my MP2k
> from home but when trying to connect from Chicago it will not complete the
> PPP process. Same thing applies when trying to connect with my PB 2300c.

My Freewwweb account also stopped working last week. I just registered for
another account and now it's working; I don't roam though, so I can't help
you there.

I read the other messages about them going bankrupt... darn.

(BTW, at least in Canada, freewwweb uses UUnet to provide dialup services -
so if you need a phone number and freewwweb's site is down just go to
www.uu.net and use their list instead.)

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/