Re: NTLK Synchronicity...

From: Bill Davis (billdavis@info-newt.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 23:15:49 CDT

On 7/4/00 1:24 AM, BondTrails@aol.com [mailto:BondTrails@aol.com] wrote:

>Hello Newton'eers,
>
>I have been using my Newton 130 for about a year now and I have been quite
>satisfied with its versatility. I have built up a pretty good database of
>names and addresses and I would like to keep it in sync with an emailer
>program. I know the Newton is no longer made, and I am also aware that there
>are not that many current developers out there but does anyone know if there
>is an (older) program that I can load on to my G3 to maintain my names and
>addresses? This is a stretch, but can I sync up my Newton with Outlook
>Express for the mac? I would be willing to try an older program as well (Is
>Claris emailer a viable choice??)

Sorry, but the answer is no - there's no email program I know of on the
Mac that can sync it's address book to the Newton. You could probably
export from the Newton and import to the email program or vice versa (if
the email program supports import/export) but that's not the same thing
as synching.

If you just want to have your data in readable form on your Mac, you can
use NCU export or sync to Claris Organizer files and open them with Palm
Desktop (which is Claris Organizer, renamed and available free on
www.palm.com)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/