Re: NTLK MP130 and Siemens S25 GSM Phone

From: Olaf Bohlen (obohlen@joanna.alphapop.de)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 08:36:01 EST

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Ed Kummel wrote:

> The Siemens S25 phone...is that the Siemens that has
> the a modem built in? I think that the datacable gives
yes, it is.
> you a standard 9-pin serial connection that allows you
> to connect to the Newton. You know, I completly forgot
> about the GSM phones that have the built in modems in
> them...Siemens makes one and Sagem makes one...There
> are probably more, but that's all I ever played with.
> And becuase they are European GSM, I could never test
> one here in the States...There are some analog phones
well, try the Motorola Timeport. It also supports GSM1900 and
has a hardware Modem.

Cheers

Olaf 'Holger' Bohlen

--
  aaaa   a Internet Services  System and Network Administration
 a    a a  PPPP   OOO  PPPP   Olaf Bohlen (OB1142-RIPE)

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com