Re: NTLK eMate keeps hanging on deletint Minimizer

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 02:35:21 EST

>This can sometimes happen when you try to delete a frozen package. It is
>always safer to thaw the pkg. before deleting. Deleting an active pkg will
>allow the Newton to properly deactivate the pkg before delete. Am I right,
>Newton gurus?

Actually, the very best way is to restart without packages installed and
then remove the package. Most problem occur when the newton crashes when
freezing/disabling before removing a package. And please be patient (allow
several minutes), don't restart pressing the button.

>The way out would be to do as Paul suggested in a earlier mail (Paul, I
>have your answer in my own collection of FAQs).;-P

Will be in March FAQ.

> package soup (in your case alt.rec....)
Hmm. In your case, Minimizer. But it actually can happen with *any*
package, because a package is not always responsible when a crash occurs
while it is removed. (I actually got it with inoffensive packages because
of other instable programs I had).

>The phenomenon you got usually happen when not all entries were removed.
I may add: because the Newton crashed while removing them

Regards,

Paul

----
P&M Consulting Newton Program