Re: NTLK Re: patch for 717260

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 05:09:01 EST

>I am sorry. The problem I am having is not in the Newton; it is on the Mac.
>As I understand the installer, I first have to patch a copy of the old system
>software and then down load it. The installer says it is patching, renaming ,
>and saving the system software, but nothing happens. Any thoughts. jf

Actually, it should display first a small dialog. Then it asks where the
original patch is (anyway, there is a checksum test). Then it asks where to
put it. And it saves it where you told it to save it, leaving the original
untouched. You can look for the new system with Sherlock (try 710031).

You can always get a new copy of the patcher on our ftp
(ftp://ftp.pnm-consulting.com/newton/system_updates/710031_patch.sit.hqx).
There was actually two versions of it. One was there for less than 10
minutes and actually had a bug (it refused to patch the old system).

Finally, I think that DNUG put a full version on their website. Personnaly,
I wrote to Apple Computer to legally ask them to do so, without any answer
now.

Regards,

Paul

----