NTLK Re: eMate keeps hanging on deletint Minimizer

From: Andyyz@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 03:32:00 EST

Rolf,
I recently had the same problem with Minimizer.
When I tried to delete it, my Newton reset.
As the internal packages loaded, it froze...
So I reset and booted without any packages (holding stylus in bottom left
corner on startup)
and I noticed a blank line in the "overview" view of the extensions
folder...
When I switched to "icon" view..Minimizer had a big x through it.

I tried SBM utilities but it would never make it through "packages."
I tried deleting Minimizer again..but I would get errors (-48
something..it meant "object not found")
I tried removing it using SBM and got the same error.

So I did a double backup (2 separate cards, everything except
packages)..and had to do a brain wipe!
Everything is fine now.
Maybe somebody else has a better idea.

Avi, did we do something wrong?

-Andy

>I installed Minimizer (small application by Avi Drissman) but came to
>the conclusion that it's not what I was looking for. When I tried to
>delete it my eMate hanged, so I did a soft reset. Than at startup the
>eMate hang again. So I resetted it again without activating packages.
>Minimizer was still there, but when I wanted to delete it I got a -10011
>error. I tried to reinstall it, same error. I tried to look at it in
>overview and it wasn't there although there was an empty line for it, in
>normal view the icon appeared again. It seems the package is kind of
>deleted but not competely.
>The trouble is that my machine keeps hanging at startup, which is very
>annoying. Anyone out there who knows what to do.
>
>Thanks
>
>Rolf

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com