Re: NTLK Where can I find diabetic management software?

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 14:19:02 EST

>Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:05:15 +0000
>From: Carolyn Kennedy <crkennedy@clara.co.uk>
>Subject: NTLK Where can I find diabetic management software?

>Hi all
>
>I'm UK based, with an MP120 and an eMate, and I'm diabetic. I know
>there used to be diabetic management software available in the US, not
>officially for sale in the UK. Does anyone know if a version was ever
>produced for countries using UK-type blood sugar measurements, rather
>than the US style? (mmol/l rather than mg/dl). I'm told Canada,
>Australia, New Zealand a fair few other places use mmol/l, too, so I'm
>hoping there's something out there somewhere that will run on one of my
>machines.
>
>TIA
>
>Carolyn K.
There is a very comprehesive package called Healthmate which my son uses.
 It will run on the eMate (although it won't be very speedy). You can
change the names of the units for glucose measurement in the preferences.
 Since calculations are based on data you input and not on units
conversions, its nothing more than a name, it has no mathematical
significance. As long as all the units are consistant, you don't need to
worry about conversions. The package is pricy and I don't know if its
still be sold but is it still supported and the web site is still up. Go
to: <http://www.meddatai.com/> for more info. If you need further user
info and have questions, contact me off list.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com