Re: NTLK Newtscape on an MP130

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 21:23:02 EST

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:12:18 -0600 Keith Isley wrote:

-----------
>I tried Newtscape on my MP 130 using a 14.4 PC card modem....and it was
>reeeeaaalllllyyy slow. Is that because of the modem - or do I have something
>set wrong? The cache and related files got really big, really quick - about
>300k after only a few web pages. It left me with about 50k in internal
>memory. I got spooked, so I deleted the program and its storage files.
>
>Any suggestions, as always, are appreciated.
>
>KAI
If you intendto download web pages, you'll need a Card for storage. 350K storage will not allow you to do very much. Also, avoid downloading any images and set Newtscape to ignore tables. Newtscape allows you a certain level of control for the Cache including limiting the No. of stored pages. play with them to set a comfortable limit.

14.4 is indeed very slow. E-Mails are fine but if you intend to surf, get a 28.8 at the very least.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0b3>

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com