NTLK ready to open my newt and clean it up

From: Jeroen Goulooze (jgoulooze@interact-bcs.nl)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 03:55:28 EST

My newton developped a problem revered to as the squiggles or jaggies (I'm
no longer abble to draw a straight line, it ends up in all directions).

Some people sugested it could be resolved by cleaning under the edges of the
screen with a bussines card, but this does not work for me. So maybe
something has to be cleaned inside the newton. The strange thing about the
jaggies is, that it does not appear when I'm in a warm environment for a
while, and it dissappears for a while when I do a brainwhipe.

Now I'm looking for a discription of the way to take the newton appart and
get to the connection between the screen and the rest of the machinery. I
already tried to do it, but removing all the screws is not enough (or maybe
it is, and I'm missing something, and I did not want ato apply to much force
to it (already ruined some things because I was to bold and don't want to do
it to my only Newton)

TIA

Jeroen Goulooze

about us at some time. Find out why at: