NTLK Farallon Etherwave Localtalk adapter

From: Constantine Karbaliotis (constantine.k@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 22:32:35 EST

I am successfully using the Farallon Etherwave to plug into my Newton
130's serial port and connect to my Mac through Appletalk; nice and fast
in comparison to plain old localtalk.

I am running Linux on an old Mac as a firewall/router, and can share my
cable modem connection among a number of computers. Is it possible to
"redirect" NIE to use the Etherwave localtalk adapter to make an
internet connection on my Newton? The only options seem to be PPP or
SLIP; I don't know where to go from here to get the Newton to see the
Etherwave adapter. If this is not possible, I suppose the only
alternative will be to try to get a real ethernet card. Ideas, anyone?

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com