Re: NTLK NewtonMad down and out

From: Jon Glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 02:02:33 EST

On 2/18/00 6:31 AM, NewtonTalk <newtontalk@planetnewton.com> wrote:

>I never meant to keep pirated softwares, no, that's for sure. But I'm
>pretty sure
>that we could use a few experienced users and point out any commercially
>available
>softwares to be removed, if somebody could provide the files list of
>NewtonMad.

Actually, the problem with this is that some commercial software
(Iambic's Action Names included) either won't run without a serial
number, or run in Demo mode, effectively eliminating the problem of
piracy, meaning they can be kept on the archive.

The difficulty is knowing which commercial packages can be safely kept as
demos, and which (Like Iambic's Paper Pack) don't have such protections
and must be removed. In the end, you either have to have prior knowledge,
or take the time to load each and every package in the 300mb archive!
Ugh. Not a job I want. :-)

-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass@usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5@aol.com>

Nowa promocja w Long Play - bez względu na to co kupujesz - możesz całkowicie
za darmo otrzymać 5 płyt CD, ktre sam wybierzesz. Pierwszego marca ogłoszenie
wyników! Odwiedz LP: http://www.lp.pl

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com