Re: NTLK WHERE?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 01:47:38 EST

On 2/11/2000 6:21 AM, Robert Benschop
[mailto:robertbenschop@bigfoot.com] wrote:

>>does anyone know where I can download a copy of the eMate 300 user manual.
>>Apple doesn't have it posted on there user manual web area.
>
>Actually there isn't one officially, I transferred the "Getting Started"
>part of the paper eMate manual into .pdf and adapted the Newton 2000 manual
>to a eMate manual but I'm keeping this for the moment for the eMates that
>I'm selling and that are sold through NewtonOz.
>Once all of these eMates are sold out (there are about fifty left) I will
>release both of these files (probably through info-newt)
>In the meantime you will be able to survive with the Newton 2000 manual
>that can be found on Apple's site, sorry but I put a lot of work in these
>PDF files and I don't want other's selling their eMates with my work (yet)
>

>Robert Benschop

We'll be glad to host it, when you're ready, Robert.

Use an FTP client to go to

ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/Contributions/

and upload it (login with ID: newtgifts and password: newtgifts), or try
out the experimental new http interface and upload form to the ftp site
at :

http://www.info-newt.com/archives/

(some of the icons for the folders and documents a bit messed up; please
excuse them -- looks like I may have to rebuild the desktop database on
my Mac Webstar server).

Even better, if you go to:

http://www.info-newt.com/archives/Contributions/

there's a nice little form at the bottom of the page that lets you click
the "Browse" button to select a file on your hard disk to upload, then
press the "Upload" button to send it.

Note: If you use the FTP method of uploading and you create a folder in
/Contributions, please put a text file named ".message" in the folder
(and any subfolders) so that the http interface will display the folder
contents (without it, you won't be able to enter the folder from the http
interface.) You can just copy the .message file from the /Contributions
folder into one you create, or just post a blank .message text file.
(I'll eventually modify these .message files to describe what's in each
folder; the .message file contents are automatically displayed by most
FTP and web browsers when you move into that folder.)

When posted, I'll move them to
http://www.info-newt.com/archives/Apple/Manuals/ (which is the same as
ftp://www.info-newt.com/Apple/Manuals/ ). That location doesn't exist
yet, though.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com