NTLK re: About Smart Dog OrBX

From: mguzzo@harmac.com
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 08:25:28 EST

Khaled M. Z. Tewfik <khaledt@earthlink.net> wrote:

--
-The Newton auto resets after beaming a card from names, this is =
embarising (actually, I heard that it is impossible to beam the personal =
card from "Personal Information", so I created a personal card in the =
Names application).
--

I haven't had this happen. I have beamed several names from my Newton to Palm IIIx owners with no ill results.

It is correct that you cannot beam your owner's card. Unless they can figure out how to patch so that it calls the ObEx transport instead of the regular beam.

On another note, it would be neat to have the Palm converters made into a transport that could be accessible by other applications. For example, how about being able to attach your owner card as a VCF to Simplemail? Then we could send our VCF's as attachments to the list (sorry, couldn't resist...)

Michael Guzzo

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com