RE: NTLK What is with these .vcf attachments???

From: Jon Shurtleff (jon.shurtleff@munich.netsurf.de)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 15:44:02 EST

Umm folks. You don't like .vcf's. I really get tired of angry tirades
about netiquette. If you don't like them then ignore them. .vcf
attachments are nothing more than a format for electronic calling cards.
Most email clients support them. It makes it easy to adds someone's contact
information to your contacts list rather than having to manually type it, if
it's available at all. You can normally capture an email address easily
enough but .vcfs allow you to capture other commonly useful or needed info
like phone numbers and addresses. Also, I support Outlook for my
organization allong with Win9x and NT and a bunch of other stuff. There are
a lot of things I don't like about it but all things considered it's not
that bad and there are much worse. But it doesn't produce .vcf's by default
(Unless you're referring to Outlook Express. I can't speak for that) any
more than it produces a signature by default. You have to create both. I
choose to do so. They are very handy when people use them and no one has
ever complained about them before. Granted that most people I mail with use
PCs or Macs or whatever but .vcfs are pretty small to be griping about.
This is not endless nested quotes or something.

Jon.