Re: NTLK Re: apple quicktake 200 digital camera & newton/tibet compatibility?

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@eudoramail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 14:15:00 CDT

At 01:03 PM 8/29/00 -0500, Brian McEwen wrote:
>Well, the one I liked best was the famous mountain climber who used his
>Newton and greyscale QuickCAM plus Tibet (no one ever explained or AFAIK
>has duplicated this hardware combo) and a satellite link to broadcast pics
>of his climb of ?Everest?.

I remember this being covered by Pen Computing (McNeil's column?), though I
never got around to looking at the photos.

>(owner of a MP130 and greyscale QuickCAM, and who could BORROW a cell
>phone... and would like to do this, just ONCE : )

I don't think you can. As far as I can tell, Tibet is one of those
NewtonOS2.1-only packages and you've got that MP130. I have been playing
with Tibet and can send off images over a landline or Ethernet connection.
If I can find a cellphone or wireless data combination which works
properly, I'll be e-mailing photos back to clients.