Re: NTLK Line In Connector?

From: david ting (ting@helix.mgh.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 09:12:01 CDT

> Newton used to be important and I guess Apple wanted to be
> forward-thinking. The specs are there (as are the basic components).
> Several people have made their own audio dongles.

Does anyone have the pinout diagram for the MP2K/MP2100 serial port? (I
guess this is a dumb question, considering the number of engineers on this
list -- surely someone has this information!) What would it take to create
an audio dongle?

I suppose, given that someone has seen diagrams for line in/out, serial
and AC plugging into that port, it must be _more_ than just a serial port.
Also, is the Newton serial port USB compliant (except for the shape)? Is
it RS-232 compliant? What protocol does it follow?

Thanks,
David