Re: OE <-> Newt synch; was -> NTLK Synching Names with Mac Email

From: Jon Glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 14:27:13 CDT

on 8/15/00 6:16 AM, Ed Kummel at tech_ed@yahoo.com wrote:

> Just don't Synch...the Newt is powerfull enough to sit
> right next to your desktop/laptop machine and work
> right alongside it!

I tried that on my 120 and 130, but, unfortunately, I never could find a
program that does good mail merge, and besides, you can't adjust the
formatting of Newton notes to create a flexible enough letter formats.
Beyond that, I cannot use my130 as my sole email machine. Also, I found that
using my Newton as my primary contact database was much slower and more
effort than Now Contact. In the end, I went back to the Mac, and use the
Newton for when I'm traveling, or out of the house. It is also great for
faxes. I would love to have a Newton dedicated to faxes. It's the best fax
platform I've ever seen. :-)

Not that the Newton is not flexible and useful. I used it for years as my
only computer when traveling. I would go for months without a normal
computer--just my Newton.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland