Re: NTLK Siemens Newton Phone

From: Lui Frimmel (luifri@atnet.at)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 20:07:30 CDT

>> they made different models for different kinds of phone lines.
>
>I know, as far as I understood you saw was
>http://www.msu.edu/~luckie/notephone.gif
>and the phone that blew my mind was
>http://www.msu.edu/~luckie/siemens.jpg
>So does anybody know any details about this one, it looks definitely a lot
>more advanced than the first one, with a 2x00 incorporated instead of a 1x0.

The Siemens NotePhone came with NOS 1.11, (OMP, NOS wasnt upgradeable and a
 2400 modem) -
a simple analogous phone, no sophisticated features.
I had some contact with Siemens about upgrading around end 96, no they
didnt, no there wasnt
another NotePhone they did. The 2nd pict looks very alike a homebuilt
combination with
another device ;-)

Lui