NTLK Claris Organizer, NCU and MP130

From: Steve Dockery (sdockery@gte.net)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 10:22:11 CDT

Hi Folks-

I keep asking this question, I keep getting suggestions, and I still can't
make this work. This is driving me crazy.

Here's what I have:
Newton MP130
Newton Connection Utilities running on an iBook (Mac OS 9.0.4)
Claris Organizer 2.0 (also tried Palm Organizer)
Connecting via Keyspan serial-to-USB adapter

Here's what I want to be able to do:
Synchronize data between my Newton and Claris Organizer, so data entered
into either one can be transferred to the other.

Here's the problem:
I can get data from my Newton into a brand new Claris Organizer file.
I can't get synchronization to work between that file and my Newton after
that. I get a message saying there was a problem during export/import. If I
trash the Claris file and make a new one, I can get the data from the Newton
to that file successfully. But then I have the same problem syncing to that
file afterwards.
Having to make a new Claris file every time is not a solution- I want to be
able to get tasks entered in Claris Organizer into the Newton.

Sometimes, there's an unexpected error during the attempted synchronization,
and some of my data (including owner info) gets wiped on my Newton, making
me have to do a restore from a backup.

Is there anyone out there doing this successfully? If so, what am I doing
wrong?

-Steve Dockery