Re: NTLK communications port

From: Michael J. Hussmann (michael@macmagazin.de)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 05:02:20 CDT

Andy Wells (teddie@tas.quik.com.au) wrote:

> I've just tried beaming from my eMate to the 120 I just added to the family
> and I got a communications port busy message on the eMate. OK, I fixed this
> by doing a reset but I'm wondering what I did or didn't do to cause this to
> happen any ideas team ?

I believe I had some success with beaming from my MP120 (NOS 2.0) to my
MP2100, but that was ages ago. I am not sure it works in the other
direction. Keep in mind that older Newton devices use Sharp's ASK
protocol for infrared communications; IrDA was only introduced with the
MP2000 and eMate. These newer models support both protocols and switch to
whatever is used by the other Newton, or that's how it should work anyway.

Michael J. Hussmann

Redaktion macmagazin
MACup Verlag GmbH
Leverkusenstrasse 54 VII