NTLK Historical context

From: good-dog@northshore.net
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 10:46:47 CDT

A most humble apology to those who missed the fun, humorous and
interesting thread circulating earlier this summer that was decimated by
the cold bucket of ice water known an Paul G. of Hawaii. In this and
the next few posts, this historical context will be re-established for
those who missed out on the fun. The implications for the Newton and the
future of the Newton is obvious.

It started out innocently enough, but soon turned ugly...

Paul sent a post about the stupidity of mainlanders because of their
inability to know or understand some small, arcane and insignificant
details about the "Islands" and proceeded to roast them alive. A fellow
named Mark replied. Perhaps he's a Canadian.